Då var det klart, team Lotus köper Caterham

Baging

Team Lotus buys Caterham Cars

27 April 2011Team Lotus Enterprise has announced that it has fully purchased British sportscar maker Caterham Cars. The buyout has been performed by Tony Fernandes, Kamarudin Meranun and SM Nasarudin – those behind the Team Lotus Formula 1 outfit – and means F1 technology will now feature on the road vehicles.

The transaction in question should not be confused with Group Lotus, which is the name behind Lotus Cars and title sponsor of the Renault Formula 1 team.

'As custodians of Colin Chapman's two-seater Seven since 1973, Caterham has been responsible for the evolution of a car originally conceived as a 'fit for purpose' race-car for the road in 1957,' reads a Team Lotus statement.

"Caterham has a unique place at the heart of the motoring world," added Team Principal Fernandes. "As well as being proudly and staunchly British, it has an enviable and uniquely unblemished reputation within the industry for performance, handling and engineering excellence.

"Caterham Cars has remained wholly faithful to Colin Chapman's philosophy of 'less is more' and the DNA of the original Seven can still be traced to the newest additions to Caterham's product offering."

Edited by Baging

Undrar om bilarna kommer att heta Caterham i fortsättningen också. Lotus Cars går väl inte med på att kalla den Lotus 7 kan jag tänka. Det är tillräckligt förvirrande som det är :)

Ojj, undra om inte detta nästan är en spel marker i vem som har rätt att kalla sig vad och vem som egentligen är lotus på f1 banan.

eller så har de benchmarkat caterham till snabbare än ferari på kinekulle (sant) och går nu all in blink.gif

Spännande! Att Caterham förknippas med F1 gör ju de i synnerhet, och kanske till och med 7'or i allmänhet, hamnar lite mer i "finrummet" än tidigare. Nu är inte 7'an "en gammal relik" längre. Det här är ett erkännande för sjuan som konstruktion! :thumbsup:

Jag tror inte att top gear kommer att skämta om "hur fula de är!" eller "geek factor" runt 7'or efter det här. :D :lol:

Edited by Pac