Where to buy brackets and chassis plates

voucht

Hello Everybody,

I'm building a Haynes Roadster (Chris Gibbs book), in Sweden. I want to order the suspension brackets set and a pre-cut chassis plate set. But from England, the postage cost is very expensive. Does anyone know where I can find these items in Sweden, or which company can make the cuts and bends on map ? I'm sure some of you have already made fabricated these items in Sweden. By the way, I'm leaving close to Växjö, and a supplier or a company in the neighbourhood would be great, but of course, I can also mail order these parts.

May be the answer is somewhere in the forum, but my Swedish is too bad for me to understand the topics. Sorry about that.

Thanks a lot.

Sylvain

My experience is that in most cases the shipping cost is almost the same from UK as in Sweden... Then there is a completely different market in UK so you have a lot more to choose from. Also don't forget ebay.co.uk sometimes you find really bargains

Whats wrong with an angle grinder and a hammer?

If you're gonna make it yourself - make it yourself! :515:

Nothing beats the satisfaction of saying " No, it's not a kit - I made ALL the bits myself" :prop:

Or you can find a local mechanical workshop that can skin you dry making little plates with holes.

/Fred

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your replies.

Jocke4U, thank you for the tip, I didn't know about this shipment cost from Sweden. It might be worth to order from England so... and yes, I found a couple of good deals on ebay. Thanks.

Vedde, I'm sure you did all by yourself on your car, mate. Engine, gear box, diff, and so on. Not too difficult to carve the gears of the gear box with your angle grinder ? Hahaha ! Don't worry about me my friend, I know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

If anybody else has good advices when it comes to find the CP set in Sweden, thanks in advance.

Hi again

No need to get sassy my friend :o , it's all within reason of course, just trying to say that its not too difficult to make the Gibbs pieces by yourself.

I was a total newbe that hadn't welded an inch before I started and mine is rolling on the streets today. I am an office rat if you will, and if I can make one - anyone can, believe me. :prop:

I went so far that I even reamed my own poly bushes with a power drill and a carpenters knife! :o

Try these guys in the UK: http://sitebuilder.hosting.pipex.net/users/1d/1d7181393a6fefd27168fc4ccf9d5a70/preview/page_1188994070191.html

The domain has expired - used to be on www.3gecomponents.com

3GE components - lazer cut Haynes Roadster parts, send a mail and find out how much freight is.

Otherwise if you are nice I might let you have the complete CAD file :wub: of the Haynes Roadster, then anyone with a CNC lazer - or water cutter can make the parts

Good luck to you and welcome in the gang of ludicrus seven builders. :racesmile:

/Fredrik

Fred,

I got "sassy" because I think these kind of comments (like your first one) are not helpful and useless. I posted a question, and I don't need to know your mind about how I build my car, it is not the point of this topic, I just need help. I made this joke about the gear box because you will always find somebody more advanced in engineering than you are, who can make you feel small. Easy, and I said, useless.

Now, this is said, let me explain you the reason I want to buy the CP plate : For doing the CP set by myself, I need a 3mm steel plate. I don't have many connections here in Sweden (as I have in France, with friends and companies I worked with, so I can get easy discounts). Here, a steel plate 2000x1000x3mm, which is the minimum size, cost me 1080 sek last time I bought one. A complete set in UK cost about £86, which is 865 SEK. Hope you understand why I want to buy the plate set rather than doing them by myself : the problem is not my skills, but my wallet. Making as many things as you can by yourself is important, but keeping the building "low cost" is at least as important to me.

Thank you very much though for the link of the British shop which is selling CP's, I didn't know this one. But I will have the same problem with shipment cost.

And I think I haven't been nice enough to get the CAD file, sorry, my mistake.

But if you (or somebody else) want to help, could you please tell me how do you say "water cut or lazer cut companies" in Swedish ? So I can look for a local company in or around Växjö.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

S.

Fred,

I got "sassy" because I think these kind of comments (like your first one) are not helpful and useless. I posted a question, and I don't need to know your mind about how I build my car, it is not the point of this topic, I just need help. I made this joke about the gear box because you will always find somebody more advanced in engineering than you are, who can make you feel small. Easy, and I said, useless.

Now, this is said, let me explain you the reason I want to buy the CP plate : For doing the CP set by myself, I need a 3mm steel plate. I don't have many connections here in Sweden (as I have in France, with friends and companies I worked with, so I can get easy discounts). Here, a steel plate 2000x1000x3mm, which is the minimum size, cost me 1080 sek last time I bought one. A complete set in UK cost about £86, which is 865 SEK. Hope you understand why I want to buy the plate set rather than doing them by myself : the problem is not my skills, but my wallet. Making as many things as you can by yourself is important, but keeping the building "low cost" is at least as important to me.

Thank you very much though for the link of the British shop which is selling CP's, I didn't know this one. But I will have the same problem with shipment cost.

And I think I haven't been nice enough to get the CAD file, sorry, my mistake.

But if you (or somebody else) want to help, could you please tell me how do you say "water cut or lazer cut companies" in Swedish ? So I can look for a local company in or around Växjö.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

S.

Hope this will help you

http://www.fameroindustri.se/

Dude!

We are all having fun here and doing it because we like it and not because it's a matter of life or death :o . Lighten up and go with the flow and enjoy the differences of the poeple on this forum.

Mine is built out of a lot of scrap metal from the metal junk yard(Low cost is my middle name= wallet problem, seems you are better off than me since you at least have the skills - I have niether skills nor money) where you don't have to buy the big piece - Just a tip! :unsure: www.stenarecycling.se that you will find in Växjo at this adress: Hjalmar Petris v. 37,352 46 VÄXJÖ - a good source for bits and pieces for your build.

Around where I live there is a Lazer cutter that I know ship in Sweden: www.malarlaser.se, located in Enköping. Talk to them and see if they can help ýou. Might be worth driving up and picking it up or asking nicely if someone travels past Enköping on the way south that can bring it - yes people on this forum are that nice :thumbsup: - if you are nice!

They might need CAD files to cut, let me know if that is the case and if you can oversee that people have different opinions and not trying to critisise you because they answer in your thred - I'll send them over.

/Fred

Tony : thank you very much for the link. I contacted them and I got a very quick reply, but unfortunately, they no longer make laser cutting. I found another company in Växjö who looks to be able to do the job. I sent them the CAD files (I could get them very easily without being nice to Vedde :lol: ), and I'm waiting for their quotation.

Thanks for the help.

Fred, you're hopeless, and you've got a damn nerve to tell me that people will be nice with me if I'm nice with them. You should take it for yourself ! I can't believe it : you are the one who posted a bad comment in the first place, I've always been nice and thankful on my posts, I just can't stand people like you using forums not to help but to show off.

Easy to play the cool guy now, and give one tip in the middle of three shits !

And you can't help yourself giving more advices : "go with the flow", "enjoy the differences", and so on. You are the one who looks not to stand the difference mate ! Someone don't make the chassis plate by itself and you give him shit like you did to me in your first reply ! Man, you should look at yourself into a mirror before telling me this kind of things.

This is my last reply to your comments, its 3 to 3, and the rest will be ignored, I left kinder garden a long time ago. And as I started this thread, I ask you to do the same.

It's strange how one misinterpreted replay can result in this bad atmosphere. Vedde didn't try to "give you shit", he was just trying to say that it's that hard to make them if you want to.

Just my 2 cents (or kronor).

Someone don't make the chassis plate by itself and you give him shit like you did to me in your first reply !

If I reply to that, it is gonna be endless, but believe me I have thousands of thing to say. But somebody has to stop first. I got the help I needed from very nice members on the forum, thank you all, and I want to close this thread so everybody can move forward.

Are you kidding me Sonny ? Read his first post on this thread, and tell me if he tried to help me or just to criticize ? Where is the help here ? I just can't believe I'm the black ship now, whereas I just have been the target in the first place, and I defended myself with a bit of humour. Can't you see that ?

Perhaps you think I should I have shut up ? Sorry, not in my nature.

Fred is right on one thing only : it is a very bad beginning on this forum. Thank you very much for that :notworthy: ! Such a shame...

But on the another hand, I got help and support from very nice people on this forum, so sorry Sonny, but I won't leave just because of you guys.

Now, I'm just using my right to answer here, but as I already said twice, we should all stop that and move on.