Kurs

Mrsvetsare

Jag har sett den farbrorns film "TIG Welding Basics" :)

Tyvärr ej översatt till svenska men han talar långsamt och enkelt så tillochmed jag förstod det mesta....

Kul ploj där på slutet när han svetsade ihop vanlig aluminiumfolie ifrån köket ;)

Toffe

Du får ha lite tålamod, man kan inte kasta ut en fråga och förvänta sig att man får hundratals positiva svar på mindre än ett dygn.

Jag tror säkert att många känner till Covell men det finns ju andra skickliga nissar också. http://www.allshops.org/ http://www.metalmeet.com/

Jag tror säkert att många är intresserade av Covells kurser också, kommer han själv till sverige?

Dock tror jag att många (mig inräknad) på rak arm antar att kurserna kostar tokmycket, kanske en 5-6 papp per dag (Lazzes kurser ligger väl där nånstans). För ett företag är det ju en baggis, men för en privatperson är det sura pengar.

/Janne

detta svar fick jag av covell

I'd probably need a minimum of 15 people for two days to make a weekend workshop worthwhile In the US, I charge $190 per person per day - Out of the US, I normally charge $160 (1071 Kronor).

detta är väl inte allt för dyrt va??

och detta är lazze pris

Härmed anmäls följande personer till Lazzes 3-dagarsutbildning i avancerat bilplåtslageri.

Kursplats (samtliga kurser): TIDAHOLM.

Steg 1-kurser hålles måndag-onsdag, Steg 2-kurser måndag-fredag.

Kurstider: Dag 1 och 2: Kl. 08:00 - 17:00. Dag 3: Kl. 08:00 - 16:00.

Kursavgift/person och dag oavsett steg: Företag: 2.050:- Privatperson: 1.665:-. Kursmaterial samt för- och eftermiddagskaffe men ej lunch ingår i kursavgiften. Moms tillkommer. Anmälan bekräftas skriftligt så fort denna anmälan kommit oss tillhanda.

Välj när Du/Ni önskar deltaga och fyll i övriga uppgifter nedan:

Edited by Arrowsmith
Onödig citering av inlägget direkt ovanför.

Hmm 2 papp för lazzes kurser, då måste jag komma ihåg fel. Eller också har han sänkt priserna.

Visst för en tusenlapp-elvahundra så kommer jag gärna och lyssnar. Fast då vill jag se en kursplan först.

Vem som är duktigast känns ganska irrelevant.

/Janne

menar inte på det viset=duktigast

menar att corvell har nog lite mera kunskap om allt möjligt inom metal arbeten som inte lasse har och sen är ju inte lasse själv på plats och undervisar i sverige :(

Jag har köpt corvells dvd om olika byggen m,m och är mkt nöjd

väntar på svar av han med olika frågor ang kursen och återkommer senare med svar åt er

Mvh Mrsvetsare

Edited by Arrowsmith
Onödig citering av inlägget direkt ovanför.

P.G.A. att du nu startat ännu en ny tråd i en annan avdelning angående samma ämne

som du gjorde en cross-posting av på tre olika ställen i vårt forum igår, så låser vi den andra tråden och hoppas att det räcker

med en tråd härdanefter.

Länk till den gamla stängda tråden

Och sedan kan du sluta citera när du svarar på det sista inlägget i en tråd.

covell vill gärna komma hit och behöver veta följande

han behöver en lokal med maskiner i

typ Tigsvets,gas,engelskt hjul,sickmaskin,krymp och sträck, samt allt annats som man bör ha i en verkstad ,wc ,vatten och kunna ta in ca 15 personer

den som kan ställa upp med detta får kursen gratis/ så är det någon som kan ställa upp med detta så hör av er

vet någon om man som ute ifrån (usa)måste lägga på moms/momsbeskatta när man håller föredrag/kurser??

Edited by Mrsvetsare

Pratar han lika långsamt och tydligt som i filmerna så är det ganska lätt ändå.....

säger jag som bara har skolengelska för 30 år sen :s

Toffe

ps filmerna kan rekomenderas om än lite sömniga.....

Allt detta undervisar han på sina kurser 2 dagar

Beginning Steel Workshop

Brief discussion of metallurgy

Discussion of types of steel used for auto body work, and appropriate thicknesses

Discussion of hand tools used for auto body work, the different kinds of hammers and dollies

In-depth discussion of the ways hammers and dollies can be used: on-dolly vs. off-dolly

Demonstration of the hammerforming process - fabricating a '39 Ford grille bar

Demonstration of hole filling, including welding and metalfinishing

Demonstration of dent straightening and metalfinishing

Demonstration of metal shaping

Small patch panel demonstration, including welding, planishing, and metalfinishing

Demonstration of heat shrinking

Demonstration of the English Wheel

Beginning Aluminum Workshop

Discussion of the different alloys of aluminum and their working properties

Discussion of temper for both heat-treatable and non heat-treatable alloys

Discussion of the different thicknesses of aluminum used for different applications

Hammerforming demonstration, involving the use of heat

Riveting demonstration

Making a small rectangular tank with rounded edges. Some seams will be TIG welded, some will be oxyacetylene welded.

Making a small scoop, using mallet and sandbag shaping, hammer and dolly planishing, and metalfinishing.

Demonstrating the English Wheel on Aluminum.

Advanced Steel Workshop

The project usually constructed in this workshop is the rear fender for a '34 Ford. We start with a discussion of how to best position the divisions between the pieces, keeping ease fabrication in mind, then patterns are made. Steel panels are cut from the patterns, then shaped. Shaping with a mallet and sandbag is shown first, then the panel is smoothed with a hammer and dolly. Next, the English wheel is utilized for forming and smoothing panels.

After the panels are formed, they are welded together, and the welds are finished. Next, the wire and bead are added to the edge of the fender, and the last step is to start the metal finishing process.

Advanced Aluminum Workshop

We will make one side of a midget race car tail piece - this is a '60's style midget with a raised headrest. The part will be patterned, and aluminum pieces will be cut for the panels.

The side piece is formed first, and the edge of the panel is annealed to ease the shaping. A process is shown to create the shape using only hand tools, then the English wheel is used to speed the process.

Once the side is formed, the headrest is patterned, cut out, and annealed. A mallet and sandbag is used for the rough forming of the headrest, then the part is smoothed on the English wheel. The headrest is welded to the side panel, the weld is smoothed, and we will start the metalfinishing process.

This is a generic outline that describes most advanced workshops. In reality, each workshop is different, because once people start asking questions, I may change the planned demonstrations to better match the interests of the group - the workshop format is a very interactive process.

Bucks & Forms

We will demonstrate several different types of bucks, and the processes used for creating each type. A male and female hammerform will be demonstrated, using materials like metal, plastic body filler, and Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF).

A station buck will be made, using either plywood or MDF - this is perhaps the most common style of buck. We will show how the proper contours are determined, how the stations are cut and fitted, and the simplest and fastest way to join them together.

A wireform buck is demonstrated next. This style of construction is not as widely used as wood products, but it is very well suited for large panels with lots of changes of contour, and it is very quick and easy to modify.

We will discuss some alternate methods of making bucks and forms, including clay, foam, and paper mache!

Custom Grilles

The first demonstration will be of a round-bar, oval shaped, midget race car style of grille. We will work with the perimeter first, discussing some different options for making this part. Once the perimeter is completed, we will work on the bars.

We will determine the curvature and spacing required for the bars, and make a form for bending the bars in a uniform manner. A reference mark is made on each bar, then they are bent in the fixture, then trimmed to fit the perimeter. Simple fixtures are made to insure the spacing and alignment of each bar - essential to making a quality grille!

The next demonstration is making a rectangular-bar grille for a '32 Ford. We will shape the perimeter first, using simple bending techniques, and fit this 'band' into the grille shell. A simple fixture is made to put a 'curl' on the end of each grille bar, and a process is shown for fitting and aligning each part.

Several bars will be fitted to each of these grilles, but there is not enough time in the day to complete them.

Last, we will look at some alternate ways of making custom grilles, using donuts, streamline tubing, oval tubing, and hammerformed sheet metal parts.

This is a generic outline that describes most Bucks, Forms, and Grilles workshops. In reality, each workshop is different, because once people start asking questions, I may change the planned demonstrations to better match the interests of the group - the workshop format is a very interactive process.

Motorcycle Fender

The goal of this workshop is to make an Indian-style fender from steel. We discuss how you determine the number of pieces to make the fender from, and where the divisions between the pieces should be placed to ease the fabrication process. Patterns are made, transferred to steel sheet, and cut out.

The side pieces are shaped first, and given a gentle all-over dome. We show how to do this with simple hand tools, or with the English wheel. Next, the distinctive step is rolled into the edge of the fender sides, and the outer edge is curled. The bottom edge is hemmed for strength, and to give the edge a finished appearance.

The center part of the fender is roughed out with a mallet and sandbag, and a portion is smoothed with a slap hammer. Once we have demonstrated that smoothing is possible with hand tools, the English wheel is used to complete the shaping and smoothing.

Next, the panels are tack-welded together, the joints are 'tuned-up' with a hammer and dolly, and they are finish welded. The last step is to complete the hemmed edge across the front and rear edge of the fender, and start the metalfinishing process.

Motorcycle Gas Tank

We will make a 'comma', or 'kidney bean' shaped custom tank from aluminum. We discuss the pros and cons of making a form or buck to work over, and the options for patterning the part.

The side panels are cut out, annealed, and rough-shaped with a mallet and sandbag. Smoothing is demonstrated with a slap hammer and dolly, and with the English wheel.

When the tank sides are properly shaped, a pattern is made for the tank top, and an aluminum panel is trimmed to size. This panel is annealed, shaped, and fitted to the tank sides, then tack-welded into place. After tacking, the joints are 'tuned-up' with a hammer and dolly, then finish welded.

With the bottom still open, the top welded joints are worked with a hammer and dolly, and we will start the metalfinishing process. Due to time limitations, it is unlikely the entire tank will be metalfinished.

If time permits, the bottom panel of the tank will be patterned, shaped, tack-welded, tuned-up, and finish welded.

We will discuss how the tunnel is shaped and fitted into the tank, and the proper way to mount an aluminum tank, to help avoid the perils of stress cracks.

Working with Tubing

Tubing is one of the most versatile materials used for automotive and motorcycle projects. In this workshop we’ll look at ways to bend, join, taper, and flare tubing, all the way from the tiny tubing used for brake lines, to tubing large enough to make roll bars for cars, with special emphasis on exhaust systems and headers.

Some of the planned demonstrations for the workshop are:

Working with brake line tubing – cutting, bending, flaring

Freehand bending of small diameter tubing

Cold bending over a form

Hot free bending

Hot bending over a form

Hot bending sand-packed tubing

Bending square tubing

Working with U bends

Tapering tubing

Making headers

Hammerforming Workshop

Hammerforms, or ‘form blocks’ are a very versatile metalforming technique. A shape is created from some dense material – usually wood, metal, or plastic, and a piece of sheetmetal is clamped over the block, and hammered until the metal takes on the form of the block. It’s a great way to make parts with accuracy, especially if multiple parts are needed.

Some of the planned demonstrations are:

Using a hammerform to make an automobile grille bar from sheetmetal

Making and using a wooden male hammerform

Making and using a metal male hammerform

Making and using an open-bottom female hammerform

Making and using a solid-bottomed female hammerform

Using hammerforms with heat

Det måste vara en jävligt ytlig kurs om man ska hinna med allt detta.

Angående fackspråk!

Du borde kanske kolla med facket först, dom kanske har börjat med samma stil som facket i USA kör med.

Då är det kört din snubbe hur duktig han än är! Polarn fick stanna på IKEA i USA för han var den ända som kunde laga smorgasbord och steka kottbullar men högsta hönset fick åka hem för chefa, det kunde dom själva. LOL!

När vi turnerar där så får vi bara gå brevid och titta på när deras tekniker gör allt jobbet! Dubbel-lol!

Dags att statuera exempel!

Edited by Drake

covell vill gärna komma hit och behöver veta följande

han behöver en lokal med maskiner i

typ Tigsvets,gas,engelskt hjul,sickmaskin,krymp och sträck, samt allt annats som man bör ha i en verkstad ,wc ,vatten och kunna ta in ca 15 personer

den som kan ställa upp med detta får kursen gratis/ så är det någon som kan ställa upp med detta så hör av er

vet någon om man som ute ifrån (usa)måste lägga på moms/momsbeskatta när man håller föredrag/kurser??

Skulle ni eller han nu hitta en verkstad med allt detta i så tror jag inte man stänger ner sitt vanliga arbete för att spara ca 1000 kr per dag o gå kursen gratis. förlorar ganska mycket mer på det. Tror det är svårt att hitta någon i vårt land som har allt som näms (alla maskiner o verktyg) bara för hobby bruk på en o samma plats. o de som jobbar med det är nog inte så intreserade.

Vet bara en som har allt detta i mina trakter o han skulle aldrig låta någon annan röra hans grejor för någon annan ska visa hur det går till.

Edited by eslöv

Det måste vara en jävligt ytlig kurs om man ska hinna med allt detta.

Angående fackspråk!

Du borde kanske kolla med facket först, dom kanske har börjat med samma stil som facket i USA kör med.

Då är det kört din snubbe hur duktig han än är! Polarn fick stanna på IKEA i USA för han var den ända som kunde laga smorgasbord och steka kottbullar men högsta hönset fick åka hem för chefa, det kunde dom själva. LOL!

När vi turnerar där så får vi bara gå brevid och titta på när deras tekniker gör allt jobbet! Dubbel-lol!

Dags att statuera exempel!

lungt skall kolla upp detta, tror nog att det inte är så stora problem som du beskriver

pratade med han och det blev lite missförstånd mellan oss

han tar en avdelning i dessa kurser varje dag och man kan välja själv vad man vill att han skal lära ut

Beginning Steel Workshop

Brief discussion of metallurgy

Discussion of types of steel used for auto body work, and appropriate thicknesses

Discussion of hand tools used for auto body work, the different kinds of hammers and dollies

In-depth discussion of the ways hammers and dollies can be used: on-dolly vs. off-dolly

Demonstration of the hammerforming process - fabricating a '39 Ford grille bar

Demonstration of hole filling, including welding and metalfinishing

Demonstration of dent straightening and metalfinishing

Demonstration of metal shaping

Small patch panel demonstration, including welding, planishing, and metalfinishing

Demonstration of heat shrinking

Demonstration of the English Wheel

Beginning Aluminum Workshop

Discussion of the different alloys of aluminum and their working properties

Discussion of temper for both heat-treatable and non heat-treatable alloys

Discussion of the different thicknesses of aluminum used for different applications

Hammerforming demonstration, involving the use of heat

Riveting demonstration

Making a small rectangular tank with rounded edges. Some seams will be TIG welded, some will be oxyacetylene welded.

Making a small scoop, using mallet and sandbag shaping, hammer and dolly planishing, and metalfinishing.

Demonstrating the English Wheel on Aluminum.

Advanced Steel Workshop

The project usually constructed in this workshop is the rear fender for a '34 Ford. We start with a discussion of how to best position the divisions between the pieces, keeping ease fabrication in mind, then patterns are made. Steel panels are cut from the patterns, then shaped. Shaping with a mallet and sandbag is shown first, then the panel is smoothed with a hammer and dolly. Next, the English wheel is utilized for forming and smoothing panels.

After the panels are formed, they are welded together, and the welds are finished. Next, the wire and bead are added to the edge of the fender, and the last step is to start the metal finishing process.

Advanced Aluminum Workshop

We will make one side of a midget race car tail piece - this is a '60's style midget with a raised headrest. The part will be patterned, and aluminum pieces will be cut for the panels.

The side piece is formed first, and the edge of the panel is annealed to ease the shaping. A process is shown to create the shape using only hand tools, then the English wheel is used to speed the process.

Once the side is formed, the headrest is patterned, cut out, and annealed. A mallet and sandbag is used for the rough forming of the headrest, then the part is smoothed on the English wheel. The headrest is welded to the side panel, the weld is smoothed, and we will start the metalfinishing process.

This is a generic outline that describes most advanced workshops. In reality, each workshop is different, because once people start asking questions, I may change the planned demonstrations to better match the interests of the group - the workshop format is a very interactive process.

Bucks & Forms

We will demonstrate several different types of bucks, and the processes used for creating each type. A male and female hammerform will be demonstrated, using materials like metal, plastic body filler, and Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF).

A station buck will be made, using either plywood or MDF - this is perhaps the most common style of buck. We will show how the proper contours are determined, how the stations are cut and fitted, and the simplest and fastest way to join them together.

A wireform buck is demonstrated next. This style of construction is not as widely used as wood products, but it is very well suited for large panels with lots of changes of contour, and it is very quick and easy to modify.

We will discuss some alternate methods of making bucks and forms, including clay, foam, and paper mache!

Custom Grilles

The first demonstration will be of a round-bar, oval shaped, midget race car style of grille. We will work with the perimeter first, discussing some different options for making this part. Once the perimeter is completed, we will work on the bars.

We will determine the curvature and spacing required for the bars, and make a form for bending the bars in a uniform manner. A reference mark is made on each bar, then they are bent in the fixture, then trimmed to fit the perimeter. Simple fixtures are made to insure the spacing and alignment of each bar - essential to making a quality grille!

The next demonstration is making a rectangular-bar grille for a '32 Ford. We will shape the perimeter first, using simple bending techniques, and fit this 'band' into the grille shell. A simple fixture is made to put a 'curl' on the end of each grille bar, and a process is shown for fitting and aligning each part.

Several bars will be fitted to each of these grilles, but there is not enough time in the day to complete them.

Last, we will look at some alternate ways of making custom grilles, using donuts, streamline tubing, oval tubing, and hammerformed sheet metal parts.

This is a generic outline that describes most Bucks, Forms, and Grilles workshops. In reality, each workshop is different, because once people start asking questions, I may change the planned demonstrations to better match the interests of the group - the workshop format is a very interactive process.

Motorcycle Fender

The goal of this workshop is to make an Indian-style fender from steel. We discuss how you determine the number of pieces to make the fender from, and where the divisions between the pieces should be placed to ease the fabrication process. Patterns are made, transferred to steel sheet, and cut out.

The side pieces are shaped first, and given a gentle all-over dome. We show how to do this with simple hand tools, or with the English wheel. Next, the distinctive step is rolled into the edge of the fender sides, and the outer edge is curled. The bottom edge is hemmed for strength, and to give the edge a finished appearance.

The center part of the fender is roughed out with a mallet and sandbag, and a portion is smoothed with a slap hammer. Once we have demonstrated that smoothing is possible with hand tools, the English wheel is used to complete the shaping and smoothing.

Next, the panels are tack-welded together, the joints are 'tuned-up' with a hammer and dolly, and they are finish welded. The last step is to complete the hemmed edge across the front and rear edge of the fender, and start the metalfinishing process.

Motorcycle Gas Tank

We will make a 'comma', or 'kidney bean' shaped custom tank from aluminum. We discuss the pros and cons of making a form or buck to work over, and the options for patterning the part.

The side panels are cut out, annealed, and rough-shaped with a mallet and sandbag. Smoothing is demonstrated with a slap hammer and dolly, and with the English wheel.

When the tank sides are properly shaped, a pattern is made for the tank top, and an aluminum panel is trimmed to size. This panel is annealed, shaped, and fitted to the tank sides, then tack-welded into place. After tacking, the joints are 'tuned-up' with a hammer and dolly, then finish welded.

With the bottom still open, the top welded joints are worked with a hammer and dolly, and we will start the metalfinishing process. Due to time limitations, it is unlikely the entire tank will be metalfinished.

If time permits, the bottom panel of the tank will be patterned, shaped, tack-welded, tuned-up, and finish welded.

We will discuss how the tunnel is shaped and fitted into the tank, and the proper way to mount an aluminum tank, to help avoid the perils of stress cracks.

Working with Tubing

Tubing is one of the most versatile materials used for automotive and motorcycle projects. In this workshop we’ll look at ways to bend, join, taper, and flare tubing, all the way from the tiny tubing used for brake lines, to tubing large enough to make roll bars for cars, with special emphasis on exhaust systems and headers.

Some of the planned demonstrations for the workshop are:

Working with brake line tubing – cutting, bending, flaring

Freehand bending of small diameter tubing

Cold bending over a form

Hot free bending

Hot bending over a form

Hot bending sand-packed tubing

Bending square tubing

Working with U bends

Tapering tubing

Making headers

Hammerforming Workshop

Hammerforms, or ‘form blocks’ are a very versatile metalforming technique. A shape is created from some dense material – usually wood, metal, or plastic, and a piece of sheetmetal is clamped over the block, and hammered until the metal takes on the form of the block. It’s a great way to make parts with accuracy, especially if multiple parts are needed.

Some of the planned demonstrations are:

Using a hammerform to make an automobile grille bar from sheetmetal

Making and using a wooden male hammerform

Making and using a metal male hammerform

Making and using an open-bottom female hammerform

Making and using a solid-bottomed female hammerform

Using hammerforms with heat

Edited by Mrsvetsare

Tog kontakt med ett stort företag här i sverige ang Ron`s kurs och min ide

och dom nappade direkt och ställer upp med maskiner och bostad åt Ron samt fixar alla hans papper/moms

kursen kommer sättas upp nästa år

Edited by Mrsvetsare