+442E Locost

Hello, 

im sorry that i'm writing this in english but i rather say what i want than actually mess up. Im currently thinking about building a locost with the 442E Chassi. I was just wondering on how much steel is actually needed with the sizes like square tubes (what grade) , round tubes , aluminium sheets everything. What sort of donor car should i be looking into getting or just scavenge for parts  and last but not least where would i get the wider nose cone for the 442E?

Best regards 🙂 sorry if this has been before!

Hi! 

Iam building a 442 and there is just a very small difference to the 442E, the chassi is built up by ca 36m 25x25x2 profiles and ca 18 m 20x20x2 profiles. a couple of meter flat steel and sheet steel, 1,5mm  2 sqm, 2mm 1 sqm,  3mm 0,5 sqm i still havent dress it in aluminium so have no info about that. Drive train in mine is a Volvo B18 and 4-speed gearbox. The engine will produce roughly 140-160 bhp when finished and i am aiming for a weight of 650 kg fully fueled and driver

Edited by Kjelland28