Hello everybody,

I'm building a Haynes Roadster in Sweden, and it is time for me to buy the seats.

I know where to buy cheap but new seats (like less than 2000 kr a pair) in the UK, there are a few places selling narrow seats for kit cars over there, but is there a shop or website where I could buy that in Sweden?

Thank you very much.

Sylvain

Many times it is actually cheaper to buy from UK even if you include the freight :)

But if you find anything in sweden i want to know too since im also looking.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yes, that is what I thought...

There are a couple of companies in Sweden selling "cheap" sports seats. But the ones they present on their websites are not suitable for a "seven" (too wide). However, these guys are buying their seats from Asia, I'm pretty sure of that, same as the English do. So their Asian suppliers should have the same "narrow" seats the English companies sell. They just don't present them.

I wrote an email to these Swedish companies a couple of months ago, in English, to ask if they could supply the narrow seats you can find in England, like these ones:

http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/catagory.php?cat=12

or even better:

http://www.midlandwheels.com/Shop/C-993-Cub-Sport.html

But I didn't get any reply... which I can understand due to the language problem. So if you want to try in Swedish, it might be worth it.

http://sportstolen.se/sportstolar-c-75.html?osCsid=b0ea20e630ba46daf639b73279b64fbe

http://www.ridetech.se/sportstolar/2455

But no obligation of course, it is just up to you.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

Sylvain

Hello Sylvain,

Nice to hear from you again. When I where to choose seats to my car I researched Sportstolen, Ridtech and Grunt for seats narrow enough to fit the Haynes Roadster but with no luck. I ended up buying my seats from MidlandWheels.

Best regards

ThomaZ

11 years and 2 days :) ago when I was about to buy seats, I bought the cobra "roadster 7" seats which looks exactly like the seats you are linking to.

I bought them from Dalhems here in sweden which by the time had slightly higher prices than the average dealers. I also remember that I went there to collect them because

of the freight price as they are considered "bulky" to ship and therefore is way pricier to ship. By the time i paid 2890 SEK. each.

Today the price has skyrocketed and they are almost 4000 each at their site. Worth to mention is also that they still have the old "roadster 7"design pictured at their site.

But if you look at cobraseats site the seats are looking quite different today.......

Worth the money....... questionable....But they are at least in Sweden as you asked for.....

http://www.dalhems.com/Product.aspx?guid=e9403f8a-6116-4905-9110-9b850107c40c

Hi Tomas,

Good to hear from you! Everything is going OK with your build? Is the car on the road now?

So, I was not the only one who's been unsuccessful searching narrow seats by the companies you name. Kind of reassuring :)/> ! Well I guess I will end up buying my seats from Midland Wheels too.

I've always liked the COBRA seats, and I didn't know Dalhems were selling them in Sweden actually, so thank you Arrowsmith. Even though I really would have preferred buying my seats in Sweden, the price of these Cobra seats is actually too high for me. I guess they should be of a better quality than the cheaper seats sold on ebay UK, Midland Wheels or GBS, but still, I just can't afford putting this amount of money only in my seats...

There is a sale now at Midland Wheels : the pair of seats with white piping is £125. I made a quotation seats + runners + transport to Sweden : £260 which is about 2800 Kr. It is a big expense, but I think it is a necessary one (and no way I end up making my own seats and find myself with the ugly seats from the book :wacko:/> )

Thank you for your help guys.

The cobra seats..I would not buy them today if I would end up in the same situation considering buying seats.

They're not worth the money Dalhems asking.

As I live quite near by Växjö I was at Biltema today and they have tree different seats at display

that i have never seen before. One classic deep bucket quite wide seat and two that was more

like a conventional car seat but a sportier style. I didn't examine them, just walked by making a notice.

As you live in Växjö it could be worth stopping by with a tape measure in the pocket if you like them.

They're at display just outside the chemical room by the terrible ugly blue english Reliant Scimitar

that's been hanging around there spreading it's oil and rust for a while.

Sylvain,

you dont need to do your own seats. I have a pair of Cobra seats that would be better off in your car than in my storage. You have PM. :)